Wednesday, October 11, 2006


Curses foiled again by Nick.

Nick received a confidential letter some time in the week of Oct. 2-6, it had very clear instructions from Staff Sgt. Genevieve Gauthier, a recruiting officer Canada National Defence (Me) to call a specific secure phone number in the AM of Oct10/06 regarding his sexual preferrences. The letter was quite clear on the subject.

On Oct. 10/06, Staff Sgt. Genevieve Gauthier (me) waited forhis call, taking time out of a busy schedule. At aproximately 11:40am the postman arrived with a letter at Mrgryper's house. Mrgryper being a very wise man looked at the front of the envelope and immediately knew that Nick had no intention of calling the phone number given to him. I looked at the letter and he accused me of having written a fake letter. He based his thoughts on some flimsey logic.

I was of course quite offended by his accusations and immediately phoned him telling him that I had no idea what his letter was about. Following is his explaination of why he suspected me.

1. He didn't live at this address when he applied to join the army.
2. The government doesn't use white envelopes.
3. It is illegal to ask about sexual preferrences.

All very weak reasons to base his accusations on. The fact is the envelope and the letter head were right out the National Defence web site and I personally witnessed it being down loaded

Naturally I was disturbed by his insinuation that I would stoop to such trickery and I told him so. It was bad enough that he made such wild accusations, but Staff Sgt Genevieve Gauthier (me) sat in all morning with Mrsgryper's cell phone waiting for his call, a call that never came and finding out by mail was just too much to bear.

woe is me.

5 comments:

Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Bean is absolutely right Gryper, I recall the days when you never would have let it happen. Something like betting over a hockey game that you had already seen!

Way to go Nick

Homee dad

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

Yeah sorry granny you got busted on that one. very good points nick made it coming to his conclusion... you better smarten up your act people might have to say you are getting a little "OLD"

Anonymous said...

Is it all out war, or
"The King is dead, long live the King"

Cherylinn said...

All hale the new king SIR NICKALOT OF AURORATOWN

from Nick

Cherylinn said...

actually i felt guity about this whole thing i will humbly step aside and allow granny to live out his term as the king i am much to young and inexperienced 2 fill his shoes i will gracefully take the spot next to him as prince charming i love you granny and u will always be the king in my eyes