Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Last week, while Nick and I were delivering a car for John, my cellphone makes a peculiar sound, when I looked at it I saw that I had a message. I retreived the message which said that I had not paid the phone bill and that I should call immediately. Because of the fact that I had never used text messaging before, I didn't know how to contact them nor whom I should contact.

Nick arrived with the car we were to deliver and as we were driving up 404 I started raving about the message which Nick thought was funny and asked why didn't I pay the bill so I told him that Grandma always pays the bills.

When I got home, I phoned Rogers and asked about it, they checked and found no problem with our account and said to ignore the text message. Half hour later a new threatening message which upon checking closer I found out that there was a number to call which turned out to be Nick's phone number, the messages were from Nick.

After some insane raving from me, I started to laugh about it, then I was taken back aprox. 53 years to a time when I did the same to a guy that I worked with. The message was related to Bell Telephone Company and similar in results.

Mel never sucessfully retaliated, BUT.

5 comments:

Cherylinn said...

I do believe it's called "Carma". Or we could now just say "shadenfrauden".
We also know is about 50 years or so, somebody will get their revenge on Nick.

Fiddling Granny said...

I dunno whether Gryper is willing to wait for kharma or not. My observation is that revenge is one of his favourite pastimes!

Jojo said...

Can't wait to hear about your successful retaliation. Nick's an easy target for Mr. Gryper. He has no idea, not a chance of seeing it coming. . . . may not even realize it has happened. What was the boy thinking? Challenging the great one!!!!

Cherylinn said...

To hear the Mel story you have to see dad do all the actions out in person. It's very funny. If he ever did have a twin, then Nick's it. How could two people do an exact same sick trick to someone at approximately the same age and not even know it.

Cherylinn said...

Come on Dad, we are waiting for the newest update.....