Saturday, June 10, 2006

The latest in my long series of things to complain about:
I am in the process of writing to Daimler Chrysler to give them my opinion about their U joints.

In this rotten society we live in with terrorists, mad bombers, sex pervert,bank robbers,murderers, cell phones, lawyers, bloggs and you, you may think that U joints are not importent BUT wait till you encounter them, then you will understand.

While my hearing aids,( which is another story about my enemies attacking me and which I don't have time to waste dealing with now ), were in being fixed again, I noticed a slight clicking sound coming from the left front wheel, being the wise person I am, I figured it was the brake warning devices because I had procrastinated in replacing the pads. ( not maxi or light day) Immediately after installing my newly repaired hearing aids the noise increased the noise became much louder. I made comment to Thelma, my big old wife, about how much louder the noise had suddenly got, to which she replied " it isn't louder, it's the same as last week" which I found hard to believe. Anyway armed with new found wisdom, I went to John and said " will you take my truck for a drive and see what the noise is?" John said "yes" and he did. Guess what!! you got it, he found it to be me U joint was rusted out.

The next thing you know, John and Tom (no, not me, another Tom which most of you don't know) are beating the rotor and wheel bearing housing with sledge hammers and torches to try to get them apart ( it turns out that this is the normal way of dismantling a Dodge) meanwhile, I am in the corner throwing up, crying and feeling guilty for putting these guys through this hammer hell.

They did a marvelous job and my truck and I are happy with them but still pissed at Daimler Chrysler SO am preparing a letter to them. I should point out that neither Walter P Chrysler nor the Dodger brothers would never have allowed this problem in the first place. They should all be exumed and correct the situation with grease fittings.

5 comments:

Homee Dad's View of Life said...

I feel your pain - well not really as I would never need to deal with my U joints (for the truck that is). As for the hearing aids I feel the aging process may catch up to all of us.

I must admit that I do recall the days when things may have been different.

If you heard a clicking from the wheel of the truck you would stop the truck immediately. If need be you would rip the tire off with your teeth. (of course complaining later for the needed dental work as the new filling just didn't hold up to a tire).

You would then pull out the old metal tool box, said box being held closed with a worn piece of wire (probably the original).

After finding the needed tools - you would repair the broken piece with whatever you had in your pockets. Lets see - one piece of wire, bread tie, pop bottle lid, belly button lint, piece of tape, various screws or nails you found laying on the roadway, and one nail file which you borrowed from "the big old wife".

Moments later the wheel would be returned and the journey would continue. Throwing up and crying was saved for family gathering after the consumption of the Captain and such.

No doubt John had the spare pieces to do the job, also no doubt he may have found humour in your discomfort. After all - if you cant count on family who else is there!

Hommee Dad

Mr Gryper said...

While I am virginal on the use of this blog business, I am assuming that this will somehow appear on the computer of Hommee Dad.
I congratulate on your memory, yes I still have that tool box and am pleased to tell you that it is the SAME wire holding it closed. The wire is as important as the box becuase I went to great trouble to bend it just so. Over the years I have had to chastise many people who have opened the box and carelessly layed the wire aside instead of hooking it back on the box for safe keeping. It pleases me no end to say that they all have learned well from my wisdom.

SusanE said...

Who could forget the tool box, it's the first tool box that any of the grandchildren ever played with in their life, because was so often in the back hallway. Come to think of it, it's likely that it was the first box that we girls played with.

The Lexiphage said...

You know they do it on purpose... not because they know if it's too frustrating you won't try to do it by yourself but hire them to do it, but rather 'cuz they just love seeing that look of helplessness on your face.

And I remember that tool box too, I think. Good thing you didn't lose that wire!

Mr Gryper said...

In reading about the great impact the box has had on other peoples lives, it almost brings me to tears, such joy it has brought to them. Imagine the mutitudes of people throughout the world who have never known this pleasure. AFTER I die the Smithonian will doubtless want it. Just imagine the line of people from all walks of live filing past it.I can see it kings,heads of state,thieves with plots to steal it, parades in the streets, Tom Box day what abetter world this will be.