Sunday, October 21, 2007

HOW COME

This AM I woke early, sneaked out of bed and came to rhe computer I then realised that I didn't have my glasses, they were in the bedroom. Being the nice guy I am, I put on Mrs.G's glasses. With them on my left eye is pretty good but my right is blurry and I keep hitting the wrong keys then have to correct the mistakes.This got me thinking about related thing.

HOW COME if somebody doesn't have their glasses on and can't SEE something that you point out, then you will say it's OK because he doesn't have his glasses on.

HOW COME if somebody has a hearing problem then it is assumed that he is STUPID.

HOW COME they then say things like "HOW COME you heared the rain falling but didn't hear me" or HOW COME you asked me to repeat that, then you answered me while I was repeating it. etc.etc.

Sometimes it is because the first few words were missed then, when they are repeated the whole thing makes sense. HOW COME I then think that you must be STUPID for not speaking up in the first place.

HOW COME it is OK to be blind but it is not OK to be deaf?

HOW COME Helen Keller, who was both blind and deaf, is credited with saying it is worse to be deaf than blind?

Was she also STUPID?

4 comments:

SusanE said...

Probably because if you can't see then you miss out. I doesn't really affect me if you can't see. However if I have to keep repeating myself because you can't hear because you haven't put your hearing aids in then it does affect me.

Why do I have to accept my disability and wear glasses but I also have to accept your disability because you choose not to wear your hearing aid.

I can choose to compensate for my disability by wearing my glasses, but I can't do anything to help me compensate for your disability. Only you can help me with that.

It's bloody frustrating when you choose to make me accomodate for your disablity but YOU are unwilling to make the accomodation for your disablity.

Having said all that I must say, I always brag about your willingness to wear your hearing aids all the time, unlike some people I know.

Mr Gryper said...

No were in my comments did I say that I didn't have my hearing aids in.

You just assumed that, then proceeded to make an uneducated answer to the wrong assumption.

In otherwords you did not understand what I was Gryping about.

Fiddling Granny said...

You only think that the response is different when vision is the issue, you just can't see the facial expressions!

Further to the hearing comments, why is it that when someone has a foreign accent or doesn't speak the language well, people raise their voices?

Mr Gryper said...

That's easy, it's so they will listen harded.