Sunday, April 30, 2006

yesterday I went down on the doc. as one might say. It was a grand experience.
while attempting get results, I stood on the doc. and started to push the thing, but a piece of wood was in the way and it wouldn't cooperate. Finally I grabbed a paddle and tried to push the damn thing out in doing that I put a lot of weight on it and lost my balance and fell right in. It was surprisingly cold. I managed to rapidly get back out with only getting wet and somewhat embarassed. Those who were helping me with it, stood around laughing hysterically. Being as courageous as I am, I took my clothes off and tried again but almost fell in again. Ken was trying to warn me but I didn't realise what he was saying at the time.

6 comments:

SusanE said...

I wish I had been there.

I did have a hard time figuring out what you were talking about at first because you said "doc", I assumed you were at the doctor.... What wood were pushing, and where did you get a paddle in the doctor's office.

Eventually, I figured out that you meant "dock". It all made sense then.

blah blah blah said...

So ken was trying to warm you eh.. Sounds like a lil brokeback mountain of your own.. You two would be cute

Fiddling Granny said...

I'm surprised Mr Gryper, that you could use the words "surprisingly cold" ... it was April .. two weeks after ice out day! I've posted an eye-witness account on my blog.

Cherylinn said...

Mr. Gryper, I can picture it. I'm a little concerned about you working outside naked. This is your quote "being courageous as I am, I took my clothes off and tried again..." I'm wondering if Tom has a point...brokeback mountain".
Has anybody seen that movie? Supposedly the scenery is fantastic, if you can get past the story line.

SusanE said...

It's an excellent movie, story line is amazing, acting is amazing. The scenes are VERY tame, just surprising because we're not used to that type of thing.Never saw ANY bear skin.

It deserves movie of the decade for how it accurately depicts the pain individuals who don't conform to society live under. Two totally tragic lives.

Can't say enough good about it. So sad!!!

Mr Gryper said...

First let me say that I didn't accidently fall in, I did it deliberately to lead into the story.
For the uneducated of you I must tell an old joke which is the basis of my version of the event as it took place.
Question-- Why do nurses only want to swim in pools?
Answer---Because they don't like going down on the doc.

Each of you respondents in one way or another hovered around the cleverly conceiled plot in the story. The trick now is can you find your?

My question to you is???

Deal or no Deal???